Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I had it all written out in a Word Doc, but never did load it up here. So here it is!
Man oh man, another year older...I really don't feel like I’m 17 years old though. I don’t feel like I can go see a rated R movie that doesn’t end until midnight (legally), and I really don't feel like I should be going into the real world next year...It’s actually rather depressing to say the least. I actually had a comment on my last entry saying that it was depressing, and the sad part is that the last post is basically all I have been doing for my whole summer...But back to my birthday.
I got home last night from work, pulled into the driveway, and opened the garage, to see a large box propped against our lawnmower. Of course I knew exactly what it was, since I had asked for a ping-pong table the day before. But don’t jump to conclusions thinking, “man this kid is smart, he knew exactly what that was” because the first thing I saw on the box was the “Stiga” label on the side. I’m not going to lie, I was stoked. But that was before I found out it needed assembly.
Right as I walked in my door, I realized I was home alone. I was hoping one of the parents or even my brother was home, but nope. Evan had a softball game, and our parents are very supportive, almost too supportive. I let the dogs out, and checked my dying phone to see Sam had texted me offering to work out, which I did, and enjoyed greatly. I stayed at the gym for about an hour and a half, and then came home to start work on the ping-pong table from hell. Starting at 8:00PM and ending finally, and 1:00AM. What a way to start off a birthday, right?
Anyways, I woke up early this morning to get a few games in, before the dreadful drive to work, which seems to get faster and faster every day I make the journey. Work does seem to be passing by faster every day though. It’s becoming bearable with every passing day, every person I speak with that can’t understand English. I actually spoke with a woman in Kenya for about 15 minutes yesterday, just to figure out what classes of service were offered on her airline. That was fun.
Tonight I plan on going to Cocoa Beach with the family, and eating dinner at Grills. Afterward I plan on coaxing them into buying me a new pair of shoes at Ron Jons, my right shoe looks like it could talk in the front. I mean, come on, my boss got me a coupon for Ron Jons for my birthday, so why not use it? The people here at work are pretty cool on days like this. There is an accounting office that consists of a mom and daughter that rents out part of the building. One of the girls actually sits right behind my desk, and today they brought pizza to work, and baked a cake for me and everything! It was pretty nice of them, and helped pass some of the time here. Now all I need is to convince the boss to turn on the A/C.
Thanks for Reading.
Adam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment